ARTICLES FROM UBEAUT(Neil)
Hopefully over time this blog will build to be filled with lots of very informative, interesting and helpful post, photos and videos. Not just on our U-Beaut products but finishing and associated products in general.
Before we go any further lets look at, and explain, the name U-Beaut Polishes ®:
- Pronounced: u (as in you) and beaut as in beautiful or beauty
- IT’S NOT: ub-e-at or u-beat or u-but, u-boot or u-brute”
- U-Beaut: Australian slang. Abbreviation of: “You little beauty!” “You bloody beauty” similar to “You little ripper!”
- Meaning: superlative, amazing, wonderful, outstanding, distinctive, excellent, magnificent, marvellous, great, exceptional, dazzling, first-class, first-rate, superb, the best, etc, etc, etc.
OK that’s the U-Beaut bit out of the way now for the other bit:
- The name is U-Beaut Polishes NOT: Polishers or Polishing
- Polish or polishes are the products we make….
- Polishers are the people who use the polishes we make.
- Polishing is what polishers do with the polish we make for polishing wood.
- Finally: Our polish is proudly all Australian. It is not Polish and not made in Poland.
FINAL WORD on the name:
U-Beaut Polishes was originally called SHITHOT POLISHES because I gave some of our new friction polish, abrasive wax and woodturners wax-sticks to my adult students to take home and try out at their leisure. When they came back to classes the following week I asked what they thought and the overwhelming response was Shit-hot so Shithot Polishes was born and named. Bear in mind they were all Aussie blokes and that name is about as Aussie as any fair-dinkum Aussie could get.
However….. and yes, there’s almost always a however. After a number of tries to register the name and the same amount of knockbacks I decided to change it to U-Beaut Polishes. But all those in the know still reckon it’s Shithot.
So with all that out of the way…. Welcome to U-BEAUT POLISHES Articles, Info, Help, etc.
PS: We still make the SHITHOT WAXTIK.